Why are you for or against embroys that would be destroyed anyway being used for Stem Cell Research?

Many of embryos that are destined for stem cell research would be destined to be destroyed anyway.... because they are normally extras and not everyone is like Octo-mom that insists on using all 14 of her embryos.

Could someone please explain to me why they would rather these embryos be DESTROYED than used for Stem Cell research?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i dont think they should be destroyed we should be using them for stem cell research its a very importent study i think and who knows it might be our answer to alot of questions.
    Anonymous

• because its human experimentation. Whats next, foster kids no body wants? "well they're just cloggin up the system anyway...might was well gets some use out of them".....
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• abbynzachsmommy - What would you rather be done with the embryos that are left after someone does fertility treatment?
    Anonymous

• abbynzachsmommy took the words right out of my mouth.

I do not like commenting on IVF because I've not experienced it myself and don't want to offend those that have used it. However, it is a shame that "extras" need to be created and then destroyed if they all decide to "take." It makes me sad that there isn't a way to make IVF effective using just ONE embryo instead of taking a chance with many resulting in having to end, what I believe, are human lives.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• NovemberLove- Given that this is the process is to make extra embyos....What would you rather be done with the embryos that are left after someone does fertility treatment?

I am really trying to be open minded to understand what your suggestion would be to do with these embryos that are extra.
    Anonymous

• People can decide religion., morality, and science ON THEIR own...
    I am against Federal [taxpayer] funds being used.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Just remember if they have any break throughs with any of this research that you did not SUPPORT it so don't use the benefits of it.
    Anonymous

• The foster child leap is a bit out there, there is a clear difference, one that most of us get. I am all for it using IVF embryos. I am all for donating cord blood, I am all for donating abortion matter.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You all make me sick
    Anonymous

• Why? Because we don't want to see the US fall behind in science? Because we don't want to see those embryo's wasted? Because we want to create jobs? Because we want to save children's sight, cure cancer? If that is what makes you sick, consider me happy to oblige.
    Anonymous