Did you break out with acne while you were pregnant?

I've never had acne this bad in my life!!!! It itches and is out of control. The worst part is, everything I've tried to relieve it has caused irritated patches instead of healing it. How did you handle your skin issues?

my_11_stars

Asked by my_11_stars at 2:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OMG, yes. That is how I know I'm pregnant before I get the positive test. I NEVER glowed. Wash your faec very well with a mild soap (jergans bar soap is very mild but does a good job, doesn't overly dry but gets rid of the oil) Then rub a lemon slice all over your face before bed. Wash agian in the morning and you can do the lemon treatment too. About 3 times per day should be suffice. The lemon has natural acid in it that cures acne without overdrying. Don't use this if you are going out in the sun!!!! It can burn your face and make it peel. Only use while indoors.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I know what you mean! I have never had acne issues in my life but with my first pregnancy I broke out everywhere in the 3rd trimester. This time it started at about 21 weeks. It's on my face, my neck, my chest and it's SO embarrasing. I've been washing my face 2 times daily, wiping my face with a cloth after working out, eating, etc. I also use a light weight moisturizer from Avon because washing my face seems to dry me out and give me these little patches of dry skin where the bumps were.

It's awful but it does go away about a month or so after the baby is born.
    Anonymous

• With My First Pregnancy, my face.. or shall i say my skin.. was BEAUTIFUL.. with this second pregnancy, my face was terrible.. i broke out alllllllllllll the time.. it wasn't until i got to be about 7 months that it calmed down..

i was so upset, i figured i had to be having a boy and he was giving me hell.. since my daughter made me look gorgeous(kind of) haha..

but no.. i'm having another girl.. shes just going to be my little devil child haha..
    AlMPHETAMlNE

Answer by AlMPHETAMlNE at 2:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i had terrible acne when I was pregnant with my first
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 2:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my first I didn't. I had that "pregnant glow" you hear about. My skin was flawless. THIS PREGNANCY is a different story. I have NEVER had acne so bad :( I'm 22 weeks now and its starting to lessen a bit =] Good luck..
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have never had acne as bad as I do now (pregnant with number2). The other day I bought burts bees blemish stick. I was so totally impressed with the improvement overnight. I went out and got the face scrub too. the acne is still there, but not nearly as noticeable and not in full force...I am hoping by next week it is even better!
    Cortnye

Answer by Cortnye at 2:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I got it really bad during the first trimester, faded a little in the second, and thankfully the third trimester is treating me very well with only a couple here and there. I recommend using Cetaphyl face wash twice a day, and definitely moisterize afterwards with a oil free moisterizer (I use Biore and LOVE it). Any acne type cleanser left my skin really dry, but the Cetaphyl cleared me up right away.
    blitz_09

Answer by blitz_09 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I've been 'glowing' up until I hit my 7th month-- and now I'm itchy ALL over. Mostly my upper back, face, shoulders and chest. I had bad acne growing up, and looks like its taking over. I almost feel I need an oatmeal bath!
    Narakyndryn

Answer by Narakyndryn at 6:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2009