What would you do if your 14 yr old son or daughter hit you?

My friend was yelling at her son about coming in late and he smacked her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• i would lay his but out on the floor. ohh my and when dad hears about that you had better run really fast!
    Anonymous

• hit the kid back!
    woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My parents would have hit me right back lol. If you're big enough to hit, you're big enough to get hit back.

Me personally? I'd take the door to his room right off and throw it in the back yard. No TV, no phone, no cell and no friends. He'd spend months earning it back by good behavior. I'd also see what my husband had in store for him. I believe it is a father's responsibility (if one is present) to educate his sons as to how women are to be treated and how violence towards women (or ANYONE) is not how real men should act.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Well, I can tell you for sure I'd feel like kicking his ass, but, I don't believe in contributing to a legacy of violence. He would be on complete lock down, grounded, no extra privledges, no nothing. And I would get him into an anger management program because a 14 year old who strikes his mother is headed down a road of further domestic violence.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 2:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Hit him back!  Another idea is to talk to you local RCMP maybe some one it the force will be willing to lend a hand and explain to him what could happen to him if he does not change his attitude! Scare tactics sometimes work too!

GL

wbmomofkids

Answer by wbmomofkids at 2:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Maybe she should have smacked him or grabbed his arm firmly and shown insanity in her eyes. Sounds like this kid needs to learn who's boss. Majorly grounded. No privacy. Major talkin' to's... all kinds of stuff that is going to make him very uncomfortable.
    I can't even IMAGINE hitting one of my parents after the age of 3... there may be some major issues here that we can't answer in a Q & A.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 2:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I think Id smack the child right back! Not to be violent, but to show the child how much it hurts (your heart) to be smacked by someone you care for!! Id have to talk to them about what happened & go from there. They would be punished, grounded- objects taken away. its depends on the child really.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Everything NovemberLove said, my mother would have done to me..i'd Definately lay his ass out and show him who's boss.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I'd also be tempted to smack back but don't think it would help. I would ground that child from all privileges for a long time, get him in to some counselling, and make sure he understood that he could have faced assault charges if I had been so inclined to get the legal system involved.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I'd call the cops on him. oh yeah. I have a 14 yr old & he is quite a bit taller then I am. If he hit me & his dad wasnt available then they cops would be coming over right now!
    Anonymous