Do you think the Anon excuse is BS?

I am always hearing the "excuse" that people post Anon because they don't want people PMing them or writing hateful messages on their home page. Am I the only one that thinks that's just plain bull? I have posted as Anon maybe 2 or 3 times, so obviously most of my answers are under my regular name. And out of ALL of my replies, I've had 2 nasty PM's and 1 person write on my wall(when I was public)...that's it. So seriuosly,if I can get away with that few amounts of negative private responses, why is everyone so scared of people PMing them? It's just really not going to happen and if it does it's only going to happen once...maybe twice.

So I think that's a lame excuse, but maybe you just didn't realize that not that many people go around harassing people for the heck of it. Can you please come up with better excuses?

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I personally have NEVER had a nasty PM or chatterbox message. I've posted anon maybe twice. And I'm kind of known for the way I respond to stuff, be it good or bad.

So yeah. I think the whole "I don't want nasty PMs" is an excuse that's used waaaaaaaaay too often.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Just because you didn't have more people doing that kind of thing to you doesn't mean other people don't. I have had hateful emails about things that didn't really even matter. I wasn't rude or hateful in my response but just because another person disgreed, they had to be rude to me. I don't have the time or energy for that so I don't post my name most of the time. Why do you care so much what other people do? If we want to post anon then mind your own business. It doesn't directly effect you so get over it and stop complaining about it. It's a free country.
    Anonymous

• munch what did you have for breakfast this morning lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I think that its lame that you care so much. Get a hobbie
    Anonymous

• Yup, pretty sad.
    Anonymous

• hell i have alot of people on here that dont like me i have never got a nasty pm or post on my profile. i dont know i guess any excuse is better than none
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I post anon alot! And its not to protect my mail/wall... I dont think most people would do that.. I mainly post anon because if my family/friends gets on here & looks me up or gets nosy i dont need them knowing every little opinion I make. I post alot of personal stuff anon.

I never use an anon button to be annoying-bitchy-a bully-ect. Sure sometimes my opinion isnt the most popular one. but thats O-K... 90% of the time if someone called me out & wanted to know who i was Id PM THEM personally to let them know..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• anon get a name.
    jodi205

• I would NEVER go on someone's page just to bother them, how infantile! Seriously, I never post or reply anonymously, some people don't like me for it but... eh...
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 2:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• omg get a life who cares
    Anonymous