• In the Spotlight:

What kind of personality does your cat have?

I've had lots of cats in my lifetime, but my current cat is by far my favorite cat ever!

She is such a lap kitty. She greets us at the door, she sleeps by us, she hangs out with us most of the time. She's very patient with my kids...I can tell in her eyes that she just wants to be left alone but when they pick her up and carry her around she just goes with the flow. She's never bit or scratched them in anger or meaness.

It's so nice to have a cat that is not a snob and actually interacts with us so much.

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pets

• My SO and I have had 5 since we have been together.
    1. She was his and was very talkative. She would talk to you as soon as you came through the door. I miss her. She was also a lap kitty.
    2. She was mine and not so loving towards me, but loved my SO. She thought he was the greatest thing. I miss her too.
    3. We got our 3rd from the parking lot of our complex. She fit in great and she would wash our hair as we went to sleep at night.
    4. We got him from the parking lot as well. He is huge. He is also great with kids. He lets them know when he has been annoyed or is finished getting his attention. He slaps (never uses his claws) nips (never uses teeth with pressure) It is more for shock factor I believe. Very loving and thinks he is a dog.
    5. Got her when we took 4 to the vet. She is a lap cat. Can't be w/o a people and sleeps with our LO when we accidentally leave her in the room.

Cats are fantastic friends.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My older cat is about 3 and hes a very insecure cat. Hes skiddish and not aggressive at all. He lets the other cats bully him. I think he was taken from his mother too soon. We got him out of a cardboard box at walmart. I had just had a baby and we used to rock him like we did the baby. It was so funny. I thought that would make him more secure and docile but it didn't. Our younger cat is about 2 and hes much more aggressive. He hogs the food and thinks nothing of fighting with other neighborhood cats for territory. He drools when we pet him. Like a man, I guess...LOL...We had another cat that is about 7 now. She ran away when we got the 3rd cat. I suppose she couldn;t handle another cat in the house. Shes very aloof and wants nothing to do with anyone unless SHE wants it. She used to lay on the bed like queen of the castle and and then snub you when you tried to pet her. My dh said she was a typical female...I miss her.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Our cat was rescued from a farm field by my son when he was 10 years old. She is now 8 years old. She is quite the talker and we have "conversations". I can always tell when her dry food is empty or just when she wants attention. She loves to sleep by me. She is a real sweetie.
    blujeanlady62

Answer by blujeanlady62 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• we had to kick our cat outside for our own safety. he was on amitriptylline for a long time, and we had to keep upping the dose because he was still mean and attacking us for no reason. then a few months before our daughter was born, we decided to try a different medicine- buspar. he had to be weaned off the first med, then be sober for a couple weeks to clear it all out of his system, and then he could start the new med. it was pure hell for us! he attacked me the day of my baby shower and i had to have my husband take him to the vet to be boarded. he is pure evil. a month after our daughter was born, he was attacking our dog so much and so often that we feared for her safety too- and she's a pit bull! he almost punctured her eyes multiple times! i don't agree with just putting an animal to sleep, so we kicked him out in the cold, even though he was terrified of the outdoors. he's fine now, and is actually a sweetie!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have a really cool, easygoing cat that sleeps about 22 hours a day. He goes with the flow, we got him from a shelter and they told us it may take a couple of months for him to adjust. Within 2 hours of getting home, my 2 y/o was using him as a pillow. I love Boris!
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 9:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have had several cats and a couple of dogs ALL my cats STEAL food!!!!!! from Cornbread to Doritos!!!shadow my street boy now refuses outside and purina or NODA!!!!!
    Caramel824

Answer by Caramel824 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2009