My 6 yo was peed on at school......

Okay, so I'll try to make this short, my son has been punched, kicked, hit, and choked in KINDERGARTEN! Yesterday, my son was PEED on! I wasn't even called. They act like it was perfectly normal boy behavior, like it was no big deal. What would you do if your child endured this abuse and now peed on? Wouldn't you be upset?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would file a complaint with the school. While yes most boys are more physical than girls (roughhousing more normal) being choked and especailly peed on is not. In fact If I spit on another adult I could be changed with assult. Whom ever did this needs to be repremanded ASAP. The school should know better.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would be very upset. It may be "normal" boy behavior, but that does not make it acceptable. I will admit, both of my sons have tried to pee on each other at times, but they both very quickly understood that that does not fly with mommy, and punishment will be dished out for it. I would talk to the teacher, tell her something needs to be done, and if she won't stop it, then go above her head and keep going until someone puts a stop to it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would positively FREAK out on the administrators of that school. I'm not one to lightly say "Call a lawyer," but sister, call a lawyer. What more humiliation must your child suffer before the school DOES something. You need to make them do something. That's just ridiculous!
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You're a tax payer and a mother of a child using the school system. I would complain to anyone that would listen, including telling other parents, until I got an apology and was assured that this would never happen again.

If I were ignored, the local newspaper would be my next stop. I don't pay $130 a month in school taxes for my children to be choked and peed on in school.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i'd be raising hell wondering why i wasn't called. how are they going to excise being pised on as "Boy" behavior?
    Chase_Love

Answer by Chase_Love at 2:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I WOULD FILE A REPORT, TAKE MY SON OUT OF SCHOOL. OR HAVE MY SON HIT HIM BACK.. PAYBACKS ARE A B****.. SORRY MY SON IS MY EVERYTHING, I LOVE KIDS BUT IF YOU MESS WITH HIM YOU MESS WITH ME.. OR FIND SOMEONE TO BEAT HIM UP.. SORRY FOR THE HARSH MESSAGE. BUT I WOULD GO TO THE PRINCIPAL OR TALK TO THE KIDS MOTHERS..
    Prican91181

Answer by Prican91181 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My son would be out of that school!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• A. Can he get moved from the class.. id be up at that school you dont even know... Id be contacting the kids parents personally if I could get their number somehow!
    B. Tell your kid to defend himself! Punch back! Push! But dont take it! I bet the kids leave him alone real quick!
    C. Take him out of the school!! And find an alternative- homeschool, church school, private school. my child WILL NOT be treated like that!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• ok # 1) did you kid set in those pee clothes all day? #2) did they shower him? #3was this an act of being bullied? if yes to any of those i would go the the superintendent of the school and file the biggest complaint. that is just flat out nasty. i also think i agree with Jodie118 call a lawyer. that is just wrong in so may was i am appoled!

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 3:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• While I claim to be a mature mother of 4 who can calmly diffuse a situation and be firm yet polite......I would be raising holy hell at that school. As the mother of this child, you march yourself into that school and demand that this be stopped. If they need to move him to another class, monitor the playground, call parents, I wouldnt care WHAT as long as it dealt with the situation. Remember when dealing with the school system....YOU are in charge. Youre the mom! The ultimate authority over this child. Some moms tend to forget that and let the school run the show. Not on my watch. So, if that means you remove him to place him in another school, homeschool him, or private school, you do it NOW. This childs spirit is being broken every day that this goes on. Theres a difference between normal brawling between boys and abuse. This is abuse and I would not let the sun set today before I dealt with it !!! and harshly I might add.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2009