I need a place to workout in Cape Coral but, putting my child in the gym nursery is not an option for me. Any suggetions? I need motivation to stick with it. My rear-end is prime example of the lack of motivation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• why not the gym nursery?
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Hey, same problem here. My sis in law joined and she wants me to go with her. Her 19 mo old will stay in the nursery no problem and she doesnt mind paying the money, but my almost 3 yr old.....uh no. He wouldn't have it and I would be wasting my time and my money. So while I want to go with her, I also need to wait until hubby gets home and thats not a good time for her. So we wll likely be going at different times.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Why not the gym nursery...
    Gym nursery just oooozes snot and germs.
    The workers seem on overload even though there is an infant, child limit.
    Not comfortable with older kids in there.
    Plus I really did give it a try. I was called out over the PA system just as I would get my groove going. Then I would have to leave a class or stop the treadmill, go calm her down and try to get going again. It just became too frustrating for both of us.

And I can relate to momofsea. Trying to relay on someone else to watch her so I could go work out was and still is a pain. It is never a good time and I feel like it is more of a hassel than for what it is worth. I stress the whole time Im there. It just is a vicious cyle. Exercise is suppose to help your stress not cause it.
    MLS-C

Answer by MLS-C at 8:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• haha i guess it depents.. i go to ballys.. and well most the time when i go there is like one other kid maybe 2 the worse time there was 4.. and not only where i went was there a camera i could see from the other end of the gym what was going on in there.. the kids love it.. and its really very clean....
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 8:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• and added it comes free with my monthly payment of 19$ mm i guess i am a little less over protective of my kids.. maybe.. but i just feel like they are safe there.. there are systems in place so that no child is walked off with the wrong person.. they got cameras so that while i am working out i can see them.. and its down a hall that curves so that the kids cant see you.. so that they dont see u over there and cry cause of that.. i think its great and they love it makes it hard to leave sometimes
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 8:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Your gym does sound awesome. thank you for sharing.
    MLS-C

Answer by MLS-C at 1:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2009