If one spouse dies, and the widow/widower remarries, which spouse are they married to when they get to Heaven?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think your souls part at death though. Does that REALLY mean that the vow is over then? I think my Grandmother is certainly waiting for my Grandfather. I know he's still waiting for her. IF you ask him he'll tell you he's married. How can the marriage end there?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• damn thats a good question.
    Anonymous

• the wedding vows are until death do you part so you would be married to no one
    Anonymous

• I have always wondered this. I guess the second answer makes sense tho, as death is the end of the vow. But what happens if you loved both people equally? lol tough one.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• haha makes sense good thinking anon! I didn't think of that.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I always wondered who you would be buried next to.....
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My mom and dad were married 41 yrs when my Mom passed.. Dad remarried for only 2 yrs after Mom was gone, he then passed away... I feel they are together now, they knew each other from childhood on and they had a love that is so rare... I know they are both watching over all of us and their Grandbabies and smiling together...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 3:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• both...
    love is very diffrent in heaven. there is no jealousy! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Youre not married in heaven as far I know. I do think that we will know one another, but not in the same sense that we do now. Its a different relationship. Thats my opinion.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Nither one. All become the bride to Christ as He is the bridegroom. If you believe in this sort of thing.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 4:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2009