has any mom ever had to fight infront of there kids????if so why???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• can you clarify the question
    Anonymous

• i mean if if any mom was ever forced to fight with another mom in front of there kids?????
    Anonymous

• LIke with hubby? No and no one else for that matter. Hubby and I have an understanding that we will not fight in front of our kids. If we have a disagreement it can wait until the kids aren't around. My mil got pretty angry at my fil once in front of the girls. We let her know that that is not how we are and would like it to never happen again. She felt so bad and apologized. My parents never fought in front of us either.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 3:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• my mom got into a fight in front of me. i was about 8 years old and we were in HEB and this man walked up to her and started telling her how he was going to kick my dads ass and getting all in her face. she told him if he had a problem with my dad then to go talk to him about it. he just kept on and the man pushed the shopping cart and it kinda hit me but not hard and my mom freaked out on him and rammed him with the basket. well he kinda fell back and hit a display of batteries and that hold thing fell on his head and my mom started trowing can goods at him. it was freaky at first but its kinda funny now we always joke about not pissing her off. the man was later arrested. and he was upset with my dad because my dad gave him an eviction notice for a house that we rented out to the man.

Anonymous

• with another mom, no. You can't be forced to fight...walk away. Unless they attack you, and you are just defending yourself or your kids - physically. Otherwise walk away.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 3:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I don't see how someone could "force" me to fight (and by fight do you mean a physical altercation?). If someone put there hands on me in front of my kids i would call the cops. But, if I had to physicslly defend myself and my child I would and then I would have a LONG talk with my kids about what had happened and try to help them deal with what would have to be truamatic for them.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 3:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• physically? No but my neighbor caused a huge scene fighting with me outside with my kids one day. It almost got physical but I called the cops first.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 3:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Well fighting does not prove nothing. It just hurts one another. If you mean fist fighting. If you were grown (no offense), walk away that would piss her off more. If she was a women and with some respect, she should do it when the kids are not around. But don't let your kids see that, it could be devastating. Especially how our society is now days, she could stab you, shoot you, jump you.. Just all the BS, walk away you are better than that..
    Prican91181

Answer by Prican91181 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Oh Lord no....I've seen my mother have a throw down fist fight with her sister when I was about 6 years old...will never forget it. But they were young though...I had a teenage mom.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 3:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have. Me and my husband belive in hashing our problems out in front of our kid. That way he knows the right way to fight. Its more about voicing our disagreemnents and coming to a conclusion. He don't have an all out brawl but things have gotten emotional but I think kids need to know how to fight with ppl they love. You're always gonna have disagreements and kids need to know how to handle it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2009