• In the Spotlight:

Advice?

I'm 38wks and I have been having contractions all day now about a half hour apart and they are getting worse. I'm in an area of Minnesota where we are being told not to leave our house because of the snow storm and wind that's coming in right now. I was just wondering if you guys think I should call and go into L&D now or if I should just sit it out and wait, I don't want to go in to the hospital and them send me back home

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would call them or your dr and see what they tell you to do.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I agree with SThompson. Half an hour apart is still pretty far, unless you know you go into labor pretty quick. I always wait until they're 2-5 minutes apart. But your dr would be a better judge.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 3:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• well that's what I'm worried about this is my second and my first daughter I was only in active labor for an hour and a half and I live and hour away from the hospital but to drive that far in this kind of weather isn't going to be very good
    Anonymous

• With you already having a history of quick labors I would call at the very least. And if you can't get a straight answer maybe go in anyway, better to go in now than when the weather is worse. How strong are they? Can you still talk throught them. And when/if you do call remind them about your last labor, they may take you more seriously after you do.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yeah usually 1-2min apart because I went in when they was every 10min and then left at 5-6min apart and they sent me home still.
    Anonymous

• Ohh and they are probably just braxton hicks anyways, they can be comming and going for days or having a few of them a day
    Anonymous