HELP WITH DIAHERRA

MY NINE MONTH OLD HAS THE ROTAVIRUS, I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH PEDIALYTE CAN I LET HIM DRINK AT ONE TIME, TO HELP PREVENT DEHYDRATION. ALSO HOW LONG DOES ROTAVIRUS LAST AND WHEN IS IT SAFE FOR HIM TO RETURN TO DAYCARE.

mellanie1998

Asked by mellanie1998 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you should call a doc or nurse in your area. But pediatlyte is pretty safe. If that is the only kind of fluid your child can keep in then keep giving it to him. Fluids in general are really important, but i don't know any thing about the rotavirus. www.webmd.com maybe.
    fallenruby

Answer by fallenruby at 3:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Call your doctor. Are you nursing? That is better than pedialyte if you are and babies will often nurse for comfort when they are sick even if they don't want solids at all. My son just had diarrhea for a few days and wouldn't eat, but nursed like crazy, and that kept him from getting dehydrated.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 4:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Just nurse on demand. That will get your baby through this.
    DD1 had it at 14 months and refused EVERYTHING other than breast.. (Have you tried pedialyte??? YUCK!!!!!!) Had I not been nursing she would have been in the hospital for sure.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 4:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2009