would you buy mark down food from store?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope, I won't buy old stuff no matter how cheap it is.
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 3:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• never
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• if the experation date on it is still good then why not?
    Anonymous

• I do on meat all the time. Most of the time it's marked down because it goes out of date that day or the next, so if you use it or freeze it it's perfectly ok.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 3:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If it's perfectly good food, fresh, not past expiration, then sure I'm not gonna care if a box of keebler crackers is a little dented, a sale is a sale!

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 3:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Stores can't sell stuff that is PAST the expiration date, so why the heck not? They mark down food that will be expiring soon, so I will buy marked down meat and cook it the same day, or use up the veggies that day, etc. I also like to buy canned goods/ cereals at Big Lots. The food is just fine, the packaging is just the older style most of the time.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yep. Why pay $5/lb for meat on Tuesday if you can get it for $1.75/lb on Wednesday when it's going in the freezer either way?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yeah it saves so why the heck not!
    Anonymous

• i do on yogurt 25 cents a cup is way cheaper than the reg 60 cents
    Anonymous

• I do. We go through food and milk so fast that even if the expiration date is tomorrow, it will be gone or in the freezer by then. Of course we're a family of 6 with a teen and tween to feed so that's why I can't keep up with food.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2009