Suggestions on how to put toddlers to bed...

My daughter just turned 2yrs of age. Due to situations in our family my daughter has came on the habbit of watching movies to be put to bed. I understand how it can be relaxing to her but now even reading books b4 bed is good enough anymore. i don't know if watching "Einstein" movies etc are good enough for bedtime habbits. Does anyone have any ideas on how to break this habbit, yet not making it seem as though she is being punished...Ideas?

Monismommy

Asked by Monismommy at 1:09 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• Read! My kids loved reading before bed, whether it be Dr. Seuss or a chapter book. I would read to them for 15 minutes and then tuck them in. It became part of the mightly routine, and they picked up a love of reading with it (BIG bonus!)
    Caiged

Answer by Caiged at 1:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Give them bath first then sit with them and read a book for awhile then turn off the lights and tell me good night and shut the door
    OneHotMomma0638

Answer by OneHotMomma0638 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2008