Bottle Fed & Vaccines?!?

Mom’s that waited or did not have your child get their vaccines did you breast feed? I breast fed the first 5 days but than stopped b/c I’m on blood thinners. I talked to a breast-feeding specialist yesterday who told me even though I haven’t done it two months to start doing it once a day especially because I’m going to start her shots later around five months. I’m just curios how bottle fed babies did without their vaccines… If there’s any difference…

CocoB22

Asked by CocoB22 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i breast fed my daughter for 1 month and had to stop because she wasn't reacting well to it. She has not had any vaccines and is now 2 and is healthy and happy.
    casd

Answer by casd at 3:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Um, the reason your doc wants you to breastfeed at this time is because there are ingrediants in your breast milk that will boost your babies immune system. Vaccines are full of neurotoxins and heavy metals such as mercury so if you choose to have your baby injected with these chemicals i would suggest breastfeeding in order to give your baby a fighting chanse at keeping these neurotoxins from affecting his/her body. Unfortunetly some people are unable to flush mercury out of there system so the brain will be affected significantly when vaccines are introduced.
    fallenruby

Answer by fallenruby at 3:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My son was exclusively breastfed for 8+ months. He is now 14 months and eating solids as well as continuing to nurse. He hasn't had any vaccinations. It is definitely better for your baby to breastfeed because they get antibodies from you which boosts their immune system.  You should check out the group Choosing Not To Vaccinate:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/4388

There are women in there who formula feed too that you could talk to. 

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 3:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I'm sorry...but of course a "breastfeeding specialist" is going to tell you that. She is going to tell anyone that no matter what they plan to do with vaccines.

I'm not saying to not do it. I'm not saying there won't be a benefit for the baby if you go back to breastfeeding (as long as your medication is okay for breastfeeding that is) If you're still on the bloodthinners though....consider the risk of the baby being exposed to your medicine when making your decision.
    Anonymous