birthday party ideas

for my 6 year old son
about 10 kids will be there
my so says not enough room for a bounce house
so i;m lost plaese all ideas welcomed
thanks

lindnrenn

Asked by lindnrenn at 3:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Why don't you ask him? I ask my son each year what he'd like to do...he's turning 6 this year and wants a sports party. So that's what we're doing! Ask him and he'll give you some ideas.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 4:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My daughter's favorite birthday party was last year when she turned 5. We had 15 kids and we just played in the backyard. They played duck duck goose and Simon Says, they chased each other around and played on the swing set. Sometimes parents want things to be more elaborate for the kids, but all the kids want to do is PLAY at this age.
    So my daughter is turning 6 this weekend. We are limiting her to 2 friends and our family. It will be the same, I will turn them loose to play.
    As far as a sports theme goes, you could plan some games that are sports related. You could have a football toss, get a piece of wood and cut a whole in it and have the kids try to get the football through the hole. If you have a basketball hoop, you can play HORSE. You can play hot potatoe with a baseball, etc These are all easy things to plan that would be fun for the kids (and inexpensive). Have fun!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 11, 2009