NY disability and maternity leave??

I dont have maternity leave with pay from my employer. So I would go on disability do you know how much and for how long they pay?

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• You would have to check with NY Department of Labor, but I don't think being out on maternity leave is covered under disability. If it is, then go for it, you are entitled and have paid into it.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Q. Can a claimant collect Disability Benefits for disability caused by pregnancy?
    A. Yes. If she is disabled because of pregnancy, she may be entitled to up to 26 weeks of benefits. Disability can occur at any time during pregnancy.

Q. What determines disability due to pregnancy?
    A. Disability can only be determined and certified by a physician or certified nurse midwife through the submission of medical reports. If a claimant becomes disabled more than four to six weeks prior to the anticipated birth date, or is disabled more than four to six weeks after the actual birth date, more detailed information regarding the disability may be required. The medica
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• The above was from the NY Worker's compensation site faq about disability benefits.

http://www.wcb.state.ny.us/content/main/DisabilityBenefits/Employer/commonQuestions.jsp

halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I beleive you get about 1/2 of your paycheck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Mar. 11, 2009