Are there any other moms being abused by their teen?

I have a teen son who hits ,pushes me ,etc... Everything sets him off & he thinks he can do anything he wants. He's bigger than me & way stronger & threatens a lot too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Oh, hell no! My son's butt would be busted from here to next month if he ever tried to lay a hand on me. The problem is that you let him do it once so now he has power over you. I am assuming you are a single mom. Is the dad present at all in his life? If not, does he have an uncle (or other male relative or family friend) that can talk to him? This behaviour needs to stop now unless you want your child to end up in jail.
    Anonymous

• You are going to have to stand up to him, call the cops to scare him, send him to a shelter for at risk teens to get point across or something. That is just going to get worse if he see's that you can't (or don't want to because it will cause him pain) do anything.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I don't understand why parents let this chit go on. Call the damn cops and put his butt in juvi
    Anonymous

• Yes, I agree send him away and call social services to come get him
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 5:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I'd probably send my son to boot camp or something or get another males perspactive to make him realize what he's doing is wrong.
    Anonymous

• have him arrested..tough love mama! he can't do that to you, and do you want him doing that to the woman he marries or even worse, your future grandkids?
    december911

Answer by december911 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i agree- its better he laerns now that he's a minor with a record that for the most part will go a way when he's 18- let things get worse and he will be an adult who ends up w domstic battery charges and felonies and who knows what- he may even hurt you one day so bad u dont recover right- i'v ehad my head bashed in so manytimes by an ex- now that im happily married- i have memory problems-
    u owe it to yourself to protect yourself- he wouldnt be here if it werent for u - mama dont lose sight of that!
    KITTYLITTLES

Answer by KITTYLITTLES at 12:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I hate to be the one to break this to you, but - you should have taught him the respect as a toddler. It takes some "scared straight" to teach it now. Parents who attribute bad behavior to the age are not doing themselves or their children any favors. Yes, he is only 2, then 3, then 4, and suddenly 16, 6'3" tall and weighs 200 lbs and this is the child you need to discipline. It is easier to do when they are 24' tall, 34 lbs and can be controlled!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• That is NOT okay! Nobody has the right to put their hands on you! I know it's a difficult situation, being your son..but you have to put a stop to this somehow, even if it means calling the police on him.

msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 5:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• get him checked. I used to flip out on everyone-mom aunt granma GREAT grandma... I even tried to kill my stepfather. Turns out I suffer from bipolar disorder. Not a great excuse but since its been treated Ive gotten much better. ITs even better now that Im a mom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Mar. 12, 2009