Stay at Home vs. Working moms

What do you think the ratio is here on cafemom? I'm personally a stay at home mom and wouldn't want it any other way. I also think that no mom should work unless she is a single mother. This is just my opinon so please don't bash.

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 3:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• Anon, I never said you couldn't have your opinion. I just asked that you allow her to have hers just the same. I appreciate your opinion and glad that you're able to contribute here on CM :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I'm a working mother, I stayed home with my DD for 12 weeks, we really didn't have a choice financially
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Don't bash? You ask a drama seeking question and don't want to be bashed for it? I'm a sahm and I see no problem for any mother who wants to work, married, having an SO or single. How rude of you to judge.

Anonymous

• I don't agree with your thought that onyl single moms should work. Woman have ambitions just like men. Some woman need to get out and work, they need the break.
    I am sahm and wouldn't want it any other way either, but I know many working moms that are equally as good of parents.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I was both...I am now engaged to be married and it is in no way in the cards financially for me to ever stay home again..I would love to but that love does not pay the rent, utilities, etc and etc...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• But who's raising the kids while their at work? A nanny? Thats not parenting. And I"m not talking about school aged kids that are gone all day anyways. I mean kids under 4.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• In my case my mother watches my children...You are asking to be bashed...
    It is 2009, both parents usually need to work...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My dd is 8 months and a lady from our church keeps her. I don't feel any less of a parent working than you do staying at home OP
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

-------------
    Who peed in your cereal this morning? She gave her opinion that she doesn't think moms should have to work unless they're single (and obviously would have to work most likely because they would be a one income family). She didn't say moms who work are stupid (which would actually BE a judgement). Why can't she have her opinion when you're allowed to have yours?

To answer the actual TOPIC, I am a SAHM but I hope to be able to find a way to work part time because I LOVE the work that I do! :-) I think moms should be able to stay at home if they want to and it's a shame when the ones who want to can't because of the economy or financial reasons. I also support a SAH-Dad if he wants to be! :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Not all working parents have a damn nanny or put their child or children in day care. It's called family. Damn you need to see your preacher about being so judgemental about other folks lives.

Anonymous