America's new view of the British

The new opinion of the British has been made clear by a Senior Whitehouse Official, in his response to a British newspaper questioning their Prime Minister's recent treatment by Obama.

“There’s nothing special about Britain. You’re just the same as the other 190 countries in the world. You shouldn’t expect special treatment.”

What do you think? Is there anything special about Britain? Or are the just another country the U.S. is better off without?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Is there anything special about Britain?

Aside from being the largest ally in BOTH wars and one of the few to supply troops to BOTH wars in significant numbers?

This is definitely a Change (tm) in foreign policy alright - alienate your largest ally while attempting to negotiate with the terrorists, all while saying you are about to change focus and increase attention in Afghanistan. The pundits are already starting to call Afghanistan the New, New Vietnam. This is not helping.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would say our allies are pretty special.
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 3:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Do you have a link? Even I am having a hard time believe any Obama Admin would say this. I know they have made some rude, naive, and childish errors... But was this really said? I googled the quote and only came up with blog posts... Any news article would be helpful
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• GRRRRRR!!!!!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You know, there were a few things that Bush did that we a tad bit embarrassing, but not anything that I felt totally humiliated about. This stuff with Britain though is humiliating and right now I am embarrassed to be an American. I really am.

Britain has been our strongest ally, and to just trow that away so callously is insane.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 4:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Crap, I found it Someone really said it...

I can't believe I missed it.  I was looking at other content and totally bypassed the cooment.  Ohhhh~ the childish behavior.  So who is attending the White House keg party tonight. It's Wed, right?  Afterall that is what is REALLY important to the Obama's at the PEOPLE's House......  Sad..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• thnx nj..
    grlygrlz2

• It's Tuesday grly lol.This is humiliating.Let's be sure to piss off our allies and embrace terrorists.sarcasm
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I was just about to post the link, but you ladies beat me to it! ^_^ I saw the article earlier today and I had to read it several times to make sure I was seeing it correctly. How embarrassing...

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2009