would you bring your child to work with you??

I'm due in May and would love to stay home but cant (money wise.) I work in a otometrist office 3days a week and may be able to bring her with me, however I'm not sure it is a good ideal. What do you think???

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• Horrible idea
    Anonymous

• It would be hard to do your job well and take care of your baby's needs at the same time, so I think one or the other would probably suffer.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• There is absolutely no way I would have been able to go back to work with my infant in tow. But you know your work environment better than we do. Would you have a lot of support? Are there other people there that you know and trust who would be willing and able to help you with the baby while you work? I think if you have to take care of your child 100% while you're there, there is going to be very, VERY little work getting done.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have read where certain companies allow you to do this with a 10% cut in pay since you will be spending at least 10% of your time with the baby. However, they only allowed you to do this for the first 6 months. After that you had to put the baby in the daycare they provided there at work or with your own daycare provider. I think you could probably do this for at least the first 4-6 months depending on your child's temperment. Did your boss suggest this or did you ask? If your boss suggested it then I would give it a trial run, if you asked then I would find another daycare, nanny, or family member to watch your child.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• It depends on your work environment. If you are with a client and the baby starts crying, or just wants to be held continuously will someone take care of that client for you? For how long? What if the phone is ringing and the baby is crying...will the customer on the other end think its unprofessional? Will you have room for a bassinet, swing and anything else that will accommodate the baby and keep her happy and needs met? Lots of things to consider. If all of this is possible just try to take at least 4-6 weeks off. Its really hard to be up and at it after labor. Your body really does take alot of time to heal.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I'd try it. Maybe not with a mobile child, like a 1 year old and up but with an infant I probably would.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• hey if you can do it, go for it, however, it may become an issue because you will want to spend all your time with the baby, and not focus on work, as well as the people around you not focusing on work. i would just get someone to watch her while you are there..it sucks to leave them but helps build their confidence and like people more
    december911

Answer by december911 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I don't know if I could. I tried something like this and it didn't work for me. BUt have you thought about working from home. You could be bale to make enough money so you can stay at home with your little one.
    http://www.EnjoyingMyTime.com
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 4:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• take a look at this  www.tgw247.com  and email me for futher info. jmcansler@gmail.com

You can stay home with your child and make money,

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 8:40 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I am a work from home mom and I am partnered with a Wellness company that distributes eco-friendly products. My daughter has never gone to daycare because I found a real work from home job. I do not sell. I do receive a check once a month. I do have a website that you could go to if interested......

http://www.iluvwhatido.com

This company is a member of the Better Business Bureau.

cstewart0402

Answer by cstewart0402 at 11:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2009