Do you know of Trisomy 13 or HPE

My niece Is 22 weeks along in her pregnancy. She just learned that her little baby girl, (she named her Hailey Marie) has a condition called Trisomy 13 and Alobar holoprosencephaly (HPE). Hailey will not live when she is born or shortly after. I want to let any mothers out there to know if they are going through the same thing to go to a web site called nowilaymedowntosleep. It is a wonderful site. And my neice made a site for her baby and can learn alot there too, haileyshope.blogspot.com

dawn440

Asked by dawn440 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, we watched a very short documentary on Trisomy 13 called "99 Balloons" in our church just a few weeks ago. It's a very heart-wrenching video. Our prayers are with your sister and your neice.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 3:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yes i had 2 children with pseduo trisomy 13, both of which died. The pseduo part means all the abnormalities but no actual 3rd 13th chomosome. It is very difficult to go through. The baby may not make it to term. My first was a daughter that was still born at 24 weeks, my second a son that was born at 19 weeks and lived for 8hrs, which is very uncommon since he had no mouth. Another good web site for parents going through a loss is www.aheartbreakingchoice.com. I'm very sorry to hear about your neice's situation as I know how hard it is. GL and GOD bless
    Anonymous