What do you do if you find out your teenage sons friend is doing something inappropriate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• inappropriate how??
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Need to be more specific but I would talk to his parents.
    Anonymous

• don't talk to his parents!!! I really do understand why people think it is a good idea to call another childs parents however you really don't know what people are like in their home with their children. I skipped school one time with a friend and her mom called my dad I understand that she thought she was doing the right thing but I got the crap kicked out of me for it. If it is a GOOD friend of your sons and you know him why don't YOU talk to him about it or talk to your son and make sure he knows that what his friend is doing is NOT ok.
    Anonymous

• It depends on what he is doing that is inappropriate. How well you know the parents? I try very hard not to get involved with other parents & their children... the only time I may get involved if what he was doing would cause bodliy harm to him or those around him. And even then I would do some serious soul searching before I got involved at all, because now days, unless you know these parents, they may know of the behavior and are already doing something or worse doing nothing. Your best bet is to talk to your son for sure and depending what kind of relationship you have with the friend(if it's motherly) then maybe talk to him yourself about it. I definitely do that with my own kids friends...
    livinNgrace

Answer by livinNgrace at 7:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• LiviNgrace said exactly what I was thinking. It depends on what it is he is doing and your relationship with the friend and his parents.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I agree depending on how well you know the parents of the child, what he is doing? I would definately have a sit down with your son and very possibily the friend. I am pretty direct with my sons and their friends. They expect it from me lol.
    Jonee

Answer by Jonee at 9:33 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i disagree with not calling thier parents- if your so worried about getting your ass kicked then u shoulddnt be doing what your doing- and if your getting abused- get help from a teacher etc. , but with parents not knowing they cant help thier children grow to be successful adults. and teach right from wrong- if your hearts telling you theres something not right- then its your duty to share that information- if the tables were turned you'd want to know
    KITTYLITTLES

Answer by KITTYLITTLES at 12:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• It really depends on a lot of factors. What is he doing?? Is it really dangerous or putting your son at risk? Do you know his parents very well or not. There are a lot of factors that should be considered in this case.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• If it is a male friend you grab him by the neck and get into the face and ask them why they are doing it and then MAMA Slap the hell out of them and tell them they better straighten up or else. IT WORKS. Madia-family reunion is the best movie to watch. And I pull Madia's on my son all the time. He straightens up. IT WORKS. If it does'nt call the little pricks parents and tell them exactly what he is doing.
    cowmom45

Answer by cowmom45 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• So anonymous who got the crap kicked out of you? Did you skip school again?
    Anonymous