do you have poor bladder control after giving birth?

My youngest is 17 months and I still pee myself if I sneeze. Is it normal to be going on this long?? (I'm sick so I sneeze a million times an hour.. This is really getting annoying). Is it from labor? Or maybe the catheder?? How long did this last for you? Did you ever gain bladder control back?

lizafur13

Asked by lizafur13 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Very, very common. It's called stress incontinence. When you sneeze, cough really hard, laugh really hard, etc. you pee your pants.

Yep - kegels! When you sit down to pee, stop the stream 2 or 3 times. Memorize that feeling. When you sit down to watch TV, do the same thing during the commercial breaks.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Have you been doing Kegals? After less than a week you should see improvement if you do them about 3 times a day.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Psh. No. I have heard everyone talk about them.. But honestly I don't even know what they are :[
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Kegals kegals kegals. So, you know how you squeeze your pelvic floor muscles when you're trying not to pee your pants? That's a kegal. Squeeze as hard as you can and hold it as long as you can. Or hold it just for a moment and do reps of 10 or 20. It really helps. I lost almost all bladder and bowl control after birth, and am just about back to my old self.
    Anonymous

• You need to start your kegals! I didn't realize that you would lossen those muscles up after I gave birth to my daughter. Then when we got home from the hospital, I coughed and peed all over myself! So best start doing them kegals!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• In Europe, the doctors put the uterus back in place after you heal up from giving birth. That is why we pee ourselves, because our uterus is laying on our bladder after it's been pushed out of place by giving birth. I was lucky to find an alternative doctor who studied these methods from Europe and put my uterus back in place after ALL 3 kids. I suffered with peeing myself for 8 years after my first child and second child. The doctor is a Gynecologist/Acupunturist/Chiropractor. The moment I had my bladder put back, I never peed myself again! See if you can find a doctor to help you out! If you want, you can PM me and I'll give you the doctor's name and number. Maybe he can help you find a local doc. He's from Delaware.You by any chance close to Delaware?
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 4:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I meant that the moment I had my uterus put back, not my bladder. Sorry.
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 4:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i did Kegels all thru pregnancy & still do them when im just sittin around. i havent had ANY poor bladder control from giving birth
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Don't feel bad,my son is 7 and I still pee when I cough hard or sneeze!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2009