Lasagna???

I am making lasagna for dinner. I was thinking about adding some heavy whipping cream to the ricotta cheese mixture to make it creamier. Does that sound like it would taste okay?

mazonmom

Asked by mazonmom at 3:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• It isn't something I would do. It is hard to imagine ricotta being 'creamier'. If you want it to be easier to spread. Take it out of the frig 30-45 mins before you are ready to assemble. It will spread smoother and more evenly when the chill is off it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If you want to add just a bit of cream that would be fine. I usually add an egg and some parmesan cheese and parsley to my ricotta when I put it in lasagna.
    kimmykim

Answer by kimmykim at 4:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't. My friends husband adds cream cheese to his lasgna. It is sooo creamy and yummy. He just softens the cream cheese and dollops it on top of the ricotta cheese. It melts into the ricotta and gets all creamy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Cream will make it more liquidy. You wouldn't be able to put in much, wothout ruining it. I would go w/ the cream cheese....sounds good. I think I may try that actually!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Thanks. I did try it with a little cream and we thought that it was good. Creamy and sweet. I would really like to try it with the cream cheese though. That sounds really yummy!!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 7:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• NO WAY!!!!!!MY HUBBY HATES RICOTTA.NEVER EVER USED IT ALWAYS USED COTTAGE CHEESE,PARMA&MOTTZA,NO RICOTTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tclw

Answer by tclw at 11:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i usa half ricotta, half cottage cheese-- creamier and you cant tell the difference
    armywife7885

Answer by armywife7885 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I would make sure you add an egg, or the cheese filling could come out a lil runny or soft.

my mixture is ricotta, cream cheese, sour cream, and parm cheese with some dry parsley for color (and a couple eggs of course). I never add any mozz cheese to this, I just sprinkle over the top on each layer.
    PrincessDi106

Answer by PrincessDi106 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2009