Anyone live in Florida?

I am thinking about moving to Flordia. I wanna know if it is expensive to live there? What cities are a good place to live? Any pros or cons you wanna share?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I live outside of Tampa - it's a nice area. Lots to do (beaches, Busch Gardens, Disney etc) for the kids - or family that wants to come visit you. I don't think it's expensive - not anymore expensive than any other place these days. Actually while we were renting it was cheaper to rent here than it was in MA (where I'm from) Our house is decent sized, very nice area and we didn't spend a fortune for it. Property taxes tend to be a little bit more, same goes for house insurance. (DONT LIVE BY THE WATER UNLESS YOU WANT TO PAY BIG $$ FOR HOUSE INSURANCE due to hurricanes) School system isn't that great (and I'm talking the state of FL in general) I want the kids in private school. Weather is usually nice during the winter - it was 80-ish yesterday when I was on the ph w/my Mom who was in the snow :) Summers get REALLY hot and hurricanes suck if you get caught in them.
    Fooph121780

Answer by Fooph121780 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I don't live there, but my sister and my husbands family do...i like jacksonville because it is busy and there is a lot to do. my sister lives in rockledge, she rents an apartment for 800 a month, twe bedrooms adn it is beautiful, i pay more than that and my apartment is half the size! and the neighborhood is great also, i like florida a lot
    december911

Answer by december911 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2009