ONLY for moms with uncirc'ed sons. My sons forskin is a little red and I saw a touch of blood in his undies. What do you think?

Could it be his forskin becoming retractable. he is 5.

We NEVER EVER retract it. Nothing has bothered it. He says its hurting.

Please help me I am worried.

And if you are here to talk about if you should or should not circ' take it SOMEWHERE else. I need to know about the question I asked. Not debate. THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Hi there. My son is 3 and uncirc'd. His foreskin has become about 75% detached on its own so far. You should check to see if this is what is happening. If he won't let you touch it have him gently pull the foreskin back and just look. If there is an odor have him take a bath and wash it. Make sure you teach him to "pull back and wash around it" at bathtime to avoid infection (you will have to remind him for awhile until it becomes routine.). I have 4 sons and a stepson that are uncirc'd. My stepson has not become detached yet and he is almost 5. But his BM had yanked it back when he was about 1 1/2 to detach it, and it ripped and made it bleed, so it has kinda scarred around the end. If you are concerned about infection you should make a Dr.'s appointment to have them check it out. My Pediatrician is really good about it.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 4:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Just make sure it is clean by pulling back the skin and put "Polysporin"on it it is like Neosporin. This is what our Pediatrician recommended for our son he had a slight infection there.good luck

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I've never seen it bleed but my almost 5 yr old would always pull it back when he was like 3 and 4 so the foreskin has detached. If it really hurts him then I'd say call the dr just to be sure. If the foreskin is still kind of stuck don't pull on it.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 6:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have been a peds nurse for 5 years. I always say that I don't mess around with penises and eyeballs. I would recommend taking him in to get it checked.
    Hope he's better soon :)
    DanielleTown79

Answer by DanielleTown79 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• It is probably just starting to retract. If it goes away in a day or so I wouldnt worry about it. If it is still bothering him after that you might want to take him in and have them do a culture to see if it is an infection (they dont have to retract to do this, no one but your son should be retracting his foreskin). And DO NOT retract and put neosporin on it. Neosporin is not supposed to be used on the genitals.
    Anonymous

• I think its probably starting to retract. If it continues to bother him maybe you should take him in to make sure that it isn't and infection..like the poster before me mentioned: they do not have to retract him to check it!).
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 10:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Have you tried gently retracting it to see if anything is going on under there? At 5 he should be able to tell you if it's uncomfortable or if your pushing his skin past it's limits.  You could even have him gently retract letting him know that he dosen't have to push it past it's limit.  My three year old just got done with a foreskin infection crisis and it didn't really start like this if that makes you feel better, but perhaps it got caught on something and torn or he was playing with it and pushed it back to far?

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 11:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2009