Is there a cat that will not cause allergies to me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pets

• prolly not because it is the dander(flakes of skin) not the cats hair and there is no such thing as a skinless cat obviously lol. But you can choose to have weekly allergy shots if you love cats and want one that badly. ;o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• you cant take allergy medicne always as said above. I have severe allergies to cats, Ive tried the shots and several different medicines over the years. my doctor said due to my severity no one medicine can control all my symptoms and asthma.

they can do a blood test now for allergy test, instead of those 15 shots in the arm now.
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have a cat, have taken allergy shots and now have no problems. Additionally, you could get a "hairless" cat.
    Anonymous

• even with a hairless cat, it is the skin not the hair. :o(look up cat dander on google and it explains why people are allergic to cats.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• sphinx cat i think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• probably not, i have the same prob I have a rabbit, which doesn't bother me though
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2009