Is she to young for this?

My 18 month old dd is already putting her hands on her hips! She will cock her head to the side and babble like no one's business, you can just hear the tone in her voice, but can't understand a word. My oldest 2 are boys, and didn't have an attitude like this till much much older.

AK_aries

Asked by AK_aries at 4:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Haha, you have to wonder who she's imitating! :) My daughter picked up the phone one day around 18 months, put it on one shoulder while holding a baby doll, and said "hey..." in a sweet sort of voice (how I greet my husband, often while holding our infant). Now I'm totally self-conscious about the things I say and the way I move around her! This may not be the body language she keeps, most likely she's just trying things she's seen someone do.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Nope not at all, lol
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I think she is right about the normal age for little girls to start with this. I worked in daycare for years and she sounds right on time!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 5:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• no way, I have a 2 year old teenager here with me
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 11, 2009