he won't nap

my son(3 months old) usually has a pretty set sleep/naptime schedule. but some days like yesterday he refuses to nap and it makes him so cranky. he will fall asleep after nursing and wake up 5 minutes later. he has only done this a few times. has anyone else had this happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's called a growth spurt.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 4:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• when my ds goes through those phases i'll take him into my bed and sleep with him, that way when he wakes up, you can immediatly put the binkey back in, or just be there, when he's back to taking his regular naps (after a few days) I'll start putting him back in his crib
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If he is waking up soon after he falls asleep, it could be because he is falling asleep at the breast (indigestion, burps, spitup, etc.). Try getting into a new routine like feeding when he wakes up and rocking before bed (or rocking with a pacifier if you're not opposed to using one). Put your baby down awake but sleepy (you know...when the long blinks start). If you get him into the habit of falling asleep on his own accord now, you'll be so much better off later. (I babysit a 3 mo. old right now during the day and this is how I've been putting her to sleep...it is working very well. I didn't accomplish this with my own daughter until closer to 6 mo.) Good Luck!

ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2009