would you cater to your hubby?If you are a stay at home mom?

like cut his nails, iron his clothes, kind like your his slave?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I cut his nails. But only because if he does them, they all get cut too short. He will pick and pick until their way too short. But no, I don't iron. But I do lots of other things for him. And I don't feel like his slave. I love doing things for him!
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 4:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• We mutually do what we can to help each other and make each other's lives better. He has a full-time job and so do I (taking care of DS and running my small business from home). If I do the laundry, I'll take care of this things and vice versa if he does mine. He'll pitch in with our son when he gets home so that I can get a break. DH does most of the cooking and I wash and put away the dishes. I pay all of the bills and keep the household organized and he cleans the bathroom. In everything, we are a team and we try to keep the work evenly dispursed. No one is anyone's slave.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I love to cater to him but that doesn't make me his slave at all. I cook his dinner and serve it to him. But if I'm nursing or something he doesnt mind getting it or waiting til I'm done.
    I love to cater, and he loves to cater to me.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't do personal care such as nails, but yes when I was a SAHM I did all of the laundry and meal prep and clean up and housecleaning and child care. Besides that I took care of all yard care except actual mowing, and I also grew our vegetables and fruits and put them up. He worked 10-12 hours a day out of the house, he mowed, and he kept up the cars and mower and heavy maintenance. So I felt it was a fair distribution of duties.

Answer by Bmat at 4:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My hubby and i help each other around the house when he is home, but i will not cut his nails or be his slave, we help each other out. my hubby has 2 hands and 2 legs he can cut his own stuff he isn't my child i just married him that it.
    Anonymous

• I think saying "Slave" is a bit much. I do like to do things for my husband. I cook for him, clean, and do other things. But he also helps. He folds laundy, and he takes the trash, and does all the household repairs and vehicle maintince. He actually does more than me really. Cause cooking and cleaning is just as much for me and my son as it is for him.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I do the typical SAHM chores at keeping up the house. Granted, we don't have a baby yet, so I dont' have much work to do, but yes, I cut his hair, and trim his fingernails, because like 2kidsonly2arms' my DH picks them and chews them if I don't, then they bleed. i do help with his laundry, although he doesn't much care for the way I fold his tshirts, so that's one thing he's particular about.

DH opens car doors for me, pulls out my chair at dinner, helps me out of bed sometimes in the morning, we do the little things for eachother.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Well I use to cater to him like run is bath water, lotion him up, give massages, and do all the household chores I don't think anything is wrong with it. My husband works seven days a week and two jobs he deserves it. But now since Im pregnant (HIGH RISK) I don't do none of the above except cook sometimes and fold clothes.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 4:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I don't cut his nails (his toe nails gross me OUT), I do iron, I fix a plate for him every night (he gets home late after the boys and I have eaten supper), I run the house, pay the bills, keep the schedules, etc.....

He works more than full time and he puts the boys to bed each night. Oh..and takes the garbage out each night.

I don't consider it "catering" I consider it doing my part.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• slave no...i dont even consider it "catering". im a SAHM...thats my job. my DH has to get up, dressed, & leave while i get to stay home & play w/ my DD in my pjs. and i get a good 1-2 hour break where i can just sit on my butt watching tv or surfing CM. i have no boss constantly yelling at me to meet productivity or makes me work unpaid overtime.

so if i have to do laundry, dishes, & cook dinner to get to get away from the "real" work environment thats just fine w/ me! but no, i dont clip his toenails...that, along w/ the trash, is his job :D
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2009