Does anyone go to a chiropracter?

My husb just started going and it seems like its really going to help him, does it become a thing for you that you always have to go (like to get popped back into place)?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 4:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Health

• I do and I love it.

Getting your back adjusted is very much like getting your teeth adjusted (braces). You need a lot of adjustments at first because your bones have a memory of where they once were for so long. After a while, you will have to go less and less and your bones will pop back into place more easily, even by being able to "crack" it in by yourself.

I actually need to go. My back is so stiff right now.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• No, I stopped going when I moved and couldn't find one I liked. I missed going, but it's not like I was in agony without it. But I am also an avid yoga student, so that helps fill the gap.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have a fear of chiropractors, even though I've never been to one...lol. Something about having my vertebrae "manipulated" when I already have L5/S1 osteoarthritis post diskectomy surgery freaks me out. It would be my luck that something gets broken or a nerve gets pinched or I end up paralyzed...lol.
    I loved having ultrasound treatments from my physical therapist, though!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• No. I was told not to go to one unless absolutely necessary because I'm hyper-mobile and it could do more damage than good.

If it has not helped after a few visits, then a chiropractor is NOT going to help whatever the issue is.

That's from the mouth of a noted chiropractor where I live.
    Anonymous