greasy hair..

If I go one day without washing my hair it gets really greasy. Am I using too much conditioner? Any suggestion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Mine gets like that sometimes, I have noticed that when I use cool water to wash my hair and especially when I condition it I make sure I rinse it with cold water and it makes a difference for me, you should try it. Or say on a day that you do get the greasies...lol try using alittle talc powder (baby) and that will kind of soak up the grease (oils I mean) don't use too much then your hair will look powdery and grayish...lol just sprinkle here and there and shake here and there and you will see. By then you will b ready to wash your hair. GL80s pinkthen you can look beautiful like me...lol No really try it. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• hi! Sallys also has actually colored powers to match your hair color that you can put in your hair. also, you may just be putting your hands in your hair too much , which stimulates the scalp and makes it appear greasy. brushing or combing your hair too often will also do that as well.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 6:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• This is an easy solution! Use mark Mega Volume Next Day Spray. Refresh hair between shampoos with this spray that helps remove buildup & reduces the appearance of oil. It works really well for inbetween days, smells fresh and its only $5.00! www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping! :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You should try no-poo! I have been no-poo for about 9 months. I used to have to wash my hair everyday or it would get greasy. Now I can go about 3 days. No-poo means no shampoo by the way! lol. You use baking soda to "wash" your hair and apple cider vinegar to "condition" your hair. Your hair gets greasy with shampoo because it strips all the oil, causing your scalp to produuce more oil to over compensate. The BS just takes alot of oil out but doesn't strip it. You have to go through a "detox" period where your scalp adjusts to making less oil but once you are passed that, your hair will be very healthy. Google "no-poo" or "shampoo free" for more info, plus there is a group on here about it. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Only condition the ends not the scalp and do it first, then shampoo to get any leftover residue from the conditoner out. I started doing that back in high school and it made a huge difference. Every once in a while I will condition the whole thing but I still do it first.
    28yroldgranny

Answer by 28yroldgranny at 9:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• BedHead makes a dry shampoo now ,too.
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 9:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If you are worried about drying out your hair by washing it everyday, you can just rinse for a couple of minutes with lukewarm water.
    monkeyberry

• Too much conditioner could definately be the problem. use less of it. and dont put a bunch of product in your hair either. Especially do these things if you have thin hair.
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2009