My 5 year old and hitting!!!

He has a problem with impulsively hitting other kids!! He'll be 6 next month. I just don't know what to do anymore. He receives speech therapy and counseling. He's about to receive OT for impulse control...His teacher said the events that trigger these reactions from Tyler include someone getting too close to his space, bumping into him, not wanting to share toys or what is 'his', calling names at each other (teasing), making faces at each other, and retaliating for pushes and hits. The reasons vary.

UGH...how normal is this?? I am so frustrated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• my daughter started hitting around 4 and a half, she grew out of it around 6 but still has "space" issues, this prolly doesnt help, but lotsa kids hit at this age really!!!!
    cashena

Answer by cashena at 4:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I dont know :( i just wanted to say i wish you the best, and if you are into prayer, it REALLY works
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2009