Idea for an Easter Playdate

I am having an Easter Egg Hunt and Playdate at my house for toddlers. I was thinking about having them decorate (with stickers/stamps) some type of bucket/basket to collect the eggs in. I want something simple and cheap. Any ideas on what type of bucket/basket we could use? I was thinking of ice cream buckets but they have writing all over them. Any other ideas?

Thanks

mazonmom

Asked by mazonmom at 4:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Go the a dollar store or craft store and get the cheap plastic sand buckets that are normally for the beach.... use the sand shovel as an "egg scooper" and make it a challenge for the kids to pick up thier eggs with it.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• how about instead of decorating buckets. you decorate cupcakes or cookies? you can still do the egg hunt, too but it is an extra treat for them..i have cupcake molds in the shape of ice cream cones so they look like icecream when i am done! got them online, abcdistributing.com
    december911

Answer by december911 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Really cute idea with the buckets! Thanks :)
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 11:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2009