ok, i really wanna know how to do this... how do i do it??!!!

you know that thing when you like tease your bangs kind of elvis looking or whatever, and bobby pin them on the top, so they're all full and tall looking..usually wearing a pony tail, and teasing the crown of your hair so your pony looks cute.. anyone know what the heck i'm talking about... i really wanna know how to do it!!!! i think its so cute...

sweetmama8

Asked by sweetmama8 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have no idea what the heck you are talking about... so you want to look like Elvis with a ponytail...LOL Just kidding.

I would have to say gather the front of your hair more of a bang with more hair and tease gently then slowly comb it back but not comb it through just slightly the top and pin then do your ponytail I know what you mean though. I like it too I just don't look good with it but that is the way I would do it.  GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• something like this http://celebhairstyle.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/kate-beckinsale-ponytail-hairstyle2.jpg or like this http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/images/Carmen003PonyQuiff_250h.jpg

you have to grab a peice from the top of your head and tease it put the rest of the hair in a high ponytail and use bobby pins to pin the teased top portion tightly to your head so there's a bump right at the beginning of your hairline and going back a bit.

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• hi! Im a hair dresser and do this to my hair all the time...first i section my hair so its easier to tease...i section my crown area first focusing on the corners of the crown..i use a comb with small teeth ...now the thing with teasing is once you've done it do not comb it out or try to brush over it ,...so tease your crown then move forward until youve reached your bangs that you want left out to be put up with the bobby pins...i leave my bangs out and finish teasing the rest of my hair then i put it in a secure pony tail, once i feel that its secure ill move my pony tail holder up a bit to give it the loose look...then lastly, i do my bangs, i just teast them a few times with my comb and bobby pin them back...once they are secure i use a freezing spray to keep my style in place! Hope this makes sense ;)
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 6:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• It's called a pompadour, by the way :) One of my faves! Although I don't tease my hair to do it, just grab it while it's wet, pull a chunk of bangs back and push forward until it makes that bump, then HAIRSPRAY!
    Nicolica

Answer by Nicolica at 11:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• its a messy bun...my daughter also is a hair dresser and im not really sure how she does it but she can do it in seconds...read ilovemychilds answer i think she describes it best...i can do it but i need to use 2 elastics and it doesnt come out.my daughter uses gel to make it slick.or does it when it is wet.
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• take front of hair and tease in layers working your way from hairline backwards.....each seperate chunk that you are teasing, before doing so spray the base of your hair with hairspray - I recommend BIG SEXY HAIR. it is amazing-- and once you feel you have enough start smoothing and arranging your hair in the place and height that you want it. When teasing know that the freakier, more hair you have thats been teased that is sticking straight up lol like a fountain, the better....you will get the ultimate bump by using more hair and more layers of teased peices.....spray when satisfied with smoothing and sculpting. I always spray that front layer,....like just "along the lines" like your hairline.....so the peices right up front stay up and dont begin to fall down or frizz out of the bump. good luck.
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• thanks everyone!!! thats freaking awesome!! i'll be buying some hairspray and getting on it!!
    sweetmama8

Answer by sweetmama8 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2009