Anyone elses kid get RSV?

How long did it take to get over it. My 3 week old got in the hospitol for it on sunday night and now they just said she has to stay another night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My youngest was admitted into the PICU with it for about 4 days, then another day in a regular room. After we were released, it took a GOOD couple of weeks for him to really kick most of it. It's a nasty one, RSV is.....

Oh..he was 5 weeks (1 adjusted)

My older two had it at the same time (almost 3 and 13 months) but never ended up in the hospital with it....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My dd had it at 3 months. We stayed in the hospital for 3 days. She was having trouble keeping her oxygen level up and she had to stay untill it was level at least 24 hours before they discharged us. I am sorry, it is no fun watching your baby go through something like that.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My daughter had it at 12 days old and spent the night in the pediatric unit. They said hers wasn't as bad as some others but needed to be monitored. Just way too much mucus in her sinuses and coughing up all kinds of gunk. Poor baby...she was so tiny.

It didn't take a real long time to clear up. It's just like the common cold.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2009