How do i get m 4 and 2 year old daughters to stop fighting with each other?

my 4 and 2 year old daughters keep hitting each other. one day it got so bad the 2 year old pushed the 4 year old hit her head on the cornner of the side table and had to get 12 stitches on her head. what should i do? i am 16 years old.

youngmom141992

Asked by youngmom141992 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh man if you figure it out let me know!!! I have a 6, 4 and 2 year old girl and the fighting is just so stressful! I can't help ya but at least you know you aren't alone. lol
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My boys are 2 years apoart and at that age I would seperate them and not let them play with each other. Once it wasn't allowed they wanted to be nice and play. Kind of reverse psychology. Just tell them they are not nice to eachother and you dont want them to get hurt and they cant play with each other for a little bit. They are going to fight sometimes, but the need their own space too, once they get a bit ilder though things will calm down for you, don't give up!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You don't? LOL!! Honestly, I am not so sure. Make sure they have their own private space. Keep telling them that they are siblings and need to get along. It is all part of being siblings. My brother and I still fight all the time. Could be cuz I can't stand the person he has become. Hopefully, they will get along better as they grow up. Good luck!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Not sure what YOUR age has to do with any of this, but it's what some siblings do.

I have two young ones who fight all the time too.
    Anonymous

• I would just keep them seperated. Tell your kids sence they can't stop fighting then they can't play,sit together. Do somethings with them to teach them to get along. Play games or do crafts together teach team work. I have a 2 yr and 5 yr that used to do that to me all the time. until their Dr. told me to teach them work and how to get along.
    You can't expect them to get along unless you teach them.
    Go to the Libary there some books on how to how handle these things. (I have to buy books on these kinds things and I am not ashamed to admit either.)
    Anonymous

• No offense but I don't believe that you are a teen mom, I think you're looking for drama. Your profile tells the story of the stiches reversed with your daughters. I suggest you find a hobby, it'll be way more fun and if you share THAT, you'll get positive feedback. Good luck.
    AnyaV

Answer by AnyaV at 6:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I agree with AnyaV
    Anonymous

• Turn the hose on them lol........
    katskelington

Answer by katskelington at 7:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2009