husbands

okay so i wanted him to be more into the whole baby thing and when i got him involved with oh say putting the crib together or my rocking chair with otomen, he liked that but now he wants the room to be poker themed or mafia themed you know like scarface. i dont know how to turn him down nicley without hurting his feelings and him going back to not being excited about our baby boy,and besides i just spent $400 on teddy bear themed baby room it has everything including 2 changes for the crib and the changing table covers, how do i turn him down nicley without spoiling the suprise of the teddy bear theme?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Mine wanted a transformer theme (yeah right), I went with Classic Pooh. He'll get over it. When the baby comes, he wont even notice the room theme.
    blitz_09

Answer by blitz_09 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Tell him scar face might scare the baby and does he want to stay up all night with him when he is afraid to go to bed at night!

Seriously, you need to talk to him, find something a little more low key, and let him have controll of that.
    Anonymous

• I would see if he would compromise and say, you pick the theme for his first yr or 2 and then when he is older let him have more of a "manly" room. A little guilt won't hurt by adding " honey, he is only a baby once". It worked for me. Good luck!!
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 5:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Sounds like my husband...granted that was before we found out we were having a baby...he was always coming up with interesting ideas for themes on, well everything lol. He wanted our wedding to be Star Wars themed, our futur kids nursery to be Punk Rock themed, & our cats toys to have a Dr Suess theme.....we compromised on everything, mostly a no lol. At our reception he had a Star Wars plate set for himself, he has settled on just one Punk Rock item for the baby (which is a onsie we bought as soon as we found out we were expecting...it says "Punk Rock Baby" & has a matching bib), & our cat has a few Dr Suess toys. Basically, give him a little leniancy (sp???) & he'll be happy...maybe have a replica of the dogs playing poker painting somewhere in the nursery?? something simple that wont interfere with the room itself...GOOD LUCK!!!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• hahahaha i like blitz 09's answer. basically if there isnt a common ground when it comes to baby related issues (especially decor) ive found with my husband and all my friens situations too that the mom wins lol. they usually arent too terribly sensative about it. we went with 'where the wild things are' which was a nice compromise. it got me the classic look i was going for and him the less frilly thing he was going for. good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 5:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2009