How likely is it to get pregnant the first month of being on Clomid?

Does your body have to adjust to the drug or is it supposed to start working right away? My doctor said 75% of women who are on clomid get pregnant within the first three months if able to, meaning that some women cannot get pregnant on clomid. In that case she would send me to a fertility spechialist if Im not pregnant in three months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I did after one month on clomid. We had tried for about 18 months. I could FEEL the ovulation. It was very obvious after months of NO ovulation. I just knew. And we had sex immediatly when I knew and bam. Baby

GOOD LUCK!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• How exactly did you know that you were ovulating? People say you cramp but I do that right befor Im going to get my period, so how do you distinguish the two?
    Anonymous

• The clomid helps recruit more eggs (follicles). You might not typically feel ovulation when there is only one in there, since your ovary doesn't expand as much. With clomid, more eggs are recurited and more follicles develop. Each one gets to about 2.4 - 3cm before rupturing at ovulation. That size multiplied by mulitple follicles is easier to feel since you're dealing with a larger mass and more rupturing.

You can also do ovulation predictor tests if your doc isn't monitoring your cycle through ultrasounds and bloodwork.

Good luck!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Very possible but I just miscarried last week.
    costa678

Answer by costa678 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My doc told me not to get conrcerned if it didnt happen even the first three months ...that many women have to go 3 and then off for 3 and try again, but I got pregnant with my daughter the first month and with my son the fourth...the doc agreed to give us one more month before we took a break eventhough you are supposed to take it only 3 months at a time.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 11:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My reproductive endocronologist explained it this way in his french accent. It is like having sex for the first time (and you have ovulated). .. I got pregnant the first round with my daughter, but he also started me at a higher dose (100mg) and at wierd timing ( Cycle day 14). So, I guess really your chances are like any woman ovulating just you have on average more eggs increasing your chance of multiples.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Mar. 11, 2009