please give me advice...

I'm very torn on vaccinating. My son has had his first set of shots and is due for another set in a few weeks. I am considering to not give anymore, but part of me wants to continue with them. I'm not sure what to do. I have done research but it seems like either way there are pros and cons and I just cannot seem to come to an conclusion. Please share your experiences, on both sides of the issue. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My gut tells me to get them done...although no more than is needed. For a child who isn't in daycare for example, chicken pox, the flu vaccine, etc. might not be necessary at a young age. Have them vaccinated when they're older (before going to school). Doctor's go to years and years of medical school and 99% of them will tell you to get your child vaccinated. They are privy to way more of the facts and numbers than we are...I have to trust them for my own sake.

I will tell you that I reacted badly to the pertussis vaccination as a baby. I went into convulsions due to a fever spike not long after having the shot. I was told then to never have the vaccination again. So, when I had my daughter vaccinated, I gave her tylenol before the doctor's visit and kept her on it for 24 hours after the shot was administered....just in case.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• my feeling is to do them, my baby is 6 months and i have done them all, what if you dont and they get a case of something and is deatly, there is NO eveidence of causing autism, it was in the Time magazine, that there has been no caused due to vaccaines, its up to you, but I would, you never know who has what touching your baby athe the grocery store, the mall ect ect
    Anonymous

• I think if your son has already had the first round, whether or not to continue them should probably be discussed with your doctor.

I believe in selectively vaccinating. To me, that means if, after all of your research you decide to get all of the vaccines or only some or none at all, you've still selectively vaccinated. It is keeping an open mind towards vaccination and it's pros while knowing that you should follow nothing in health care blindly.

Many have gotten vaccines and are fine, there are some who have gotten vaccines and were not fine. What you can do is talk to your doc and find out the brands of vaccinations they use and research the specific brands. Vaccines are starting to become safer and they're improving them constantly. Each time your child is up for a vaccine, call ahead to find out the kind and brand, research it and if you have questions, ask your doc about alternatives.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• that's what my gut feeling is...to do them...but my best friend has an autistic child she they SWEAR it was due to the shots. I just don't want to make the wrong decision for my child.
    Anonymous

• Obviously it will be your decision at the end, but both of my dd's (now 22 & 27) are just fine after having theirs and I am raising a gs whom has all of his and is up for his 8 yr boosters which he will get...
     I have never had any problems ... but again the choice will be yours... bur I would have them done...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Vaccinate your child. As a society we have no recollection of what some of the diseases were like that killed our children in hoards. It has to be done collectively... many, many diseases have been totally or nearly eradicated.
    Anonymous

• I no longer vaccinate my children after my first had a reaction to his shots. Everything I read (including info from the CDC) lists toxin after toxin that is put in the shots. If you ask me, vaccinating is like playing Russian Roulet with your child.
    Anonymous