• In the Spotlight:

My 5 year old is bossed around @school. Should i ask the teacher about it?

Girls are bossing her around,, she is small for her age and doesnt tell the teachers anything. Should I or just let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Speak to the teacher about what you can do to solve this problem. Unfortunately, if your Daughter is a soft spoken child, she is going to get bossed around, it's how children in general work. It's your job as her parent to teach her how to stand up for herself and to voice her opinion. Our Daughter was the same way and we told her if she didn't like something that was going on, she needed to say so. She did and the problem was solved. I feel as parents we need to not interfere too much because we will not always be able to fight our kiddos battles for them. The sooner they learn how to do it themselves the better. We teach our children to talk about how they feel.

happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i'd go down there and handle the kid myself or beat the parents up i dont like ppl f'ing with my kids
    Anonymous

• You should absolutely speak to the teacher about this. Those girls need to be corrected. And this is an opportunity for your daughter to learn how to manage these kinds of situations.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would go directly to the teacher. And if she doesnt want to help you go to the principal. No child should be treated like that at school!
    Anonymous

• I think part of the problem is with 2 boys. Seems like the little girls like them and she is best friends with them. SHe does have girl friends but seems to be the boys issues. Drama at 5 is crazy
    Anonymous

• i would teach my kid to beat the lights out of those little brats
    Anonymous

• have a serious talk w/ur daughter about why kids shouldn'tbe bossing her around.she can choose 2 stay away from them and find other kids that are more like her2 play with,if that doesn't work u can go to the school and just observe 2see how bad it is.5 year olds are smart w/ ur help and guidence she will be fine.
    vlove4h

Answer by vlove4h at 5:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2009