sooo how sure is it????

ok so i got an ultrasound done last week when i was 15 weeks i asked the doctor if she can determine the babys sex yet and she said she would look at it. well she did but not even for like five seconds it was more like a glance and she said like questioning "it looks like a girl?" like she wasnt all that sure. we told some people what it might be because theyre dying to buy me things for the baby but now im telling them to just wait until the 6th month and i get the 3d ultrasound so we can be sure because for some reason i just dont feel like it can be a girlyou know the motherly instinct but i dunno what do you guys think? how many of you guys have had the same issue like doctor says something but feel different and it comes out the way you feel or actually get different results thenwhat the doctor said?

sandy_r

Asked by sandy_r at 5:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately 15 weeks is sometimes too early to tell. All babies look like girls in the first 4 months or so. I'd just wait for the next ultrasound honestly.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Go with your gut, and I would wait untill you get the 3D. If you thought it was a girl and then got a maybe then it would be a different story.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I wasn't ever put under that situation.. When I was pregnant with my dd I was almost 20 weeks along and started bleeding, so I had to go into the er. They did an ultrasound and I was told it was a girl. Then the next week I went in for my scheduled ultrasound I got the same results. But it does make you wonder.. hmm... what if the little boy parts are tucked?

As for my cousin, she was pregnant with her 2nd child. She already had a boy, and when she went in for her ultrasound they told her it was another boy. Well when she gave birth it wasn't a boy, it was a GIRL!! How could they mess up a girl?? lol*
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My mother was told all throughout her pregnancy, but 7 different doctors, that she was having a boy. When she finally gave birth, I turned out to be a girl lol. Granted, that was 21 years ago, you still just never know...
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I had the "gut" feeling that my first was a girl, wrong! Had the "gut" feeling w/ this pregnancy that is was a boy, wrong again! lol. Wait til you get further along and get the other US. 15 wks is pretty early.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• at 17weeks they said girl for me
    18 weeks they said girl for me
    23 weeks they said girl and i saw a penis

when i was 30 weeks, i got a 3D ultrasound and oh yess its 100% definitly female! lol

and im 34 weeks now...so now i know..im definitly having a girl lol

but my gut kept telling me boy...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 6:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2009