Do you think that as a Christian woman it is right to practice birth control, or your hubby to have a vascetomy?

Ladies, I just read in the book " Lies Women Believe and The Truth That Sets Them Free ." In chapter seven that it is not okay. If you are a christian and you have read this book or have knowledge on this subject please answer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My cousins are devout Christians, and they went through this struggle. Bottom line is that I don't think GOD will ever make you go without, but then I also think that GOD is responsible for the creation of Men and women and their inventions in technology and medicine. If he didn't want you to be able to prevent pregnancy why would he have allowed someone to create these methods. All in all after everything my male cousin had a vasectomy.
    Mommy3b1g

Answer by Mommy3b1g at 5:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I am Christian and personally feel it is an abomination to God. It is a sin, no different than homosexuality.
    Anonymous

• I believe that it is ok. I believe God gave us brains to think with and to make wise choices with. He also gave Dr's the abilities to be able to know how to preform vascetomies and how to make birth contol.

I also believe that if its Gods will for you to have more children, NOTHING that man can do can stop it from happening. Period.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I believe it is okay, there are alot of things in the bible that make no sense in today's world.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I haven't read the book but I believe we are called to be good stewards of what we are given. That includes childbearing. Since neither vasectomy nor b/c pills kill a child that is already formed I don't see an issue with either. As far as who should do it, I believe it is between the husband and wife to decide that. In our case Dh decided it was easier for him to do the vasectomy than for me to do something permanent.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Pish. The bible was written when humans were trying to populate the earth. Now we have a problem. It's outlandish and irresponsible to say that preventing pregnancy is wrong.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 5:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• In what book and verse of the Bible does it say "Thou shall not use birth control"?
    Anonymous

• anon 5:49 - as a Christian I seriously hope you're kidding. "An abomination like homosexuality?" If you know the verse where it says that... post chapter and verse, that's one i'd like to see.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i am a christain, i've had my tube tied, AND if i ever manage to get preganat again, hubby will get a vascetomey! what, exactly is wrong with birth controll? the bible says that god will not give you more than you can bare, how ever, it also says that god only helps those that help themselves! by using birth controll i am helping myself not be given more than i can bare
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 6:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• bonn777:

I read and study the Bible. I make conclusions on what I read. One reason homosexuality is wrong is because it is not natural. God doesn't want two creatures of the same sex to have sex because they cannot have a child. Birth control works in the same way so in turn, it is an abomination just like homosexuality. Obviously you have used it and do not want to repent.
    Anonymous