HELP PLEASE!!! FOOD ALLERGIES????

My daughter has had problems with all milk based formulas. She has been on everything except Prosobee which is Soy milk. I just haven't tried it yet. When she poops its really hard dark green and stinks really bad like a sewer and sometimes it has a mucus in it. It's really nasty. She seems to get really congested sounding after she drinks formulas with milk in them and really gassy. I am just wondering if maybe she does have a cows milk allergy and if maybe I should try the Prosobee formula. I don't know what to do. She had colic until she was 12wks old and did nothing but scream and cry now she is still really upset with these formulas. Please give me some feedback..we need some help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My friend uses similac soy after she had a problem with cow formula, she's fine now.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My second son had a weak tummy for all milk based formulas and the dr told us to use the soy based formula which we did. The good news is that feeding time for him was easier and more nejoyable and after a year when we switched him off formula to milk he did fine with whole cow milk. The dr said that his little body just needed to grow stronger to be able to accept the milk. Now he is 6 and in the 95% of all growth charts.
    Mommy3b1g

Answer by Mommy3b1g at 5:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My son only used ProSobee after being breastfed for a month. Try it. Just be warned, it smells like potatoes.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• talk to your pedi she may need something without lactose or soy (nutramigen)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2009