Did i cross the line?

I talk to my ex that i have kids with. he is always talking about his ex with his other kid saying how she lets him see his kid whenever and asks for no child support. Well I talked to her and I guess he told her the same about me. He is totally trying to play us against eachother (well if she does that maybe I should). Well last time i talked to him he commented that he was going to file for custody on his other kid. Since her and I talk and stay in touch so the kids can see eachother I let her know his comment. She got really mad and decided to file first. I guess he has not seen her kid for 4 years. did i over step my role? i think this will cause a conflict between them and between him and i if he knows i told her what he said.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• That is if she doesn't ask for child support maybe i shouldn't.
    Anonymous

• Bravo! Sounds good to me.
    Anonymous

• I don't think you crossed the line. I always say don't ever say anything you would not want repeated.
    Mommy3b1g

Answer by Mommy3b1g at 6:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• No. You were only out of line if you were talking about it to be malicious. I think you were just discussing it because it is a part of your lives and since he is dishonest, you need to keep an eye out for each other. He shouldn't be saying one thing to one person and another thing to another person. There's no way for you to have known he didn't tell her these things. If he didn't want you to say anything he shouldn't have said it or he should have let you know to keep it a secret. You can't help it that he tries to play games with everyone, that's not your fault.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Well, if I was in her place then I would want someone to tell me. So, I would say maybe you overstepped a line, but I guess he brought that on himself when he brought his & her business (and vice versa) to you. I think I would have done the same thing.
    Anonymous

• We have to look out for each other, he is out of line for thinking he can get custody!
    missvicky

Answer by missvicky at 6:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yikes, that's complicated...I don't think you overstepped though...but I would try to avoid being put in the middle in the future :)
    RachelleNH

Answer by RachelleNH at 6:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• No he sounds like a deadbeat, maybe he said that to scare you into not wanting anything from him either
    december911

Answer by december911 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I think that its ok you told her. I also think its a good thing that you two can communicate nicely with each other. Women need to stick together more and start putting men in thier place! LOL...good for you, IMO you did a good thing.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Not only did you NOT step over the line, I think you were actually being a pretty good friend to her. If I was in that situation I would be so grateful if someone was able to tell me something like that, he sounds like a jerk and having someone to let her know about what he's planning may have saved her a lot of trouble.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 7:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2009