when should you..

take your baby to the dentist? she is 7 months and has 5 teeth and i was wondering at what age do you take them to the dentist?

Asked by burtney0921 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think you are supposed to have the first vissit between 6-12 months

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I took my daughter at 13 months, she had 4 teeth. If you are brushing them after he eats and before bed time or at least wiping them with a cloth, he should be fine until 1 year. Get him used to you touching/looking at his teeth. My daughter is now 14 months old and brushes her teeth three times a day on her own (with supervision of course, but she does the brushing) I would call your dentist and ask because thats alotof teeth! My princess still only has 4, lol. Mine said wait till 12 months though.

Answer by navy-wife at 6:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My doctor said that most dentists wont even see your child until they are around 3 years old. She said that as long as you are brushing their teeth then they should be fine.

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• one year. My DD goes every 6 months like clock work for a cleaning and has since she was 1.

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Ask your dentist.
    Some want to see the child with the first tooth. Some say 1 year, some 2, some 3.
    Mine said 3.

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Mine said 3.

Answer by pat7879 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Find one that will see your kiddo. Mine said two, but my first had a bunch of mouth problems and had to go in for surgery at 18 months because of it all. Our regular dentist wouldn't even see us during the process. He had all but three teeth by a year though.

Answer by Knitwitless at 9:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2009