WOuld you buy a wedding dress in a size too small for you?

The wedding dress I wanted is on sale for $100. It'll be about a year or 2 until we finally get married lol but I do want to loose weight and I think that'll give me more than enough time. I'm a size 16 and the biggest size it comes in is 12 should I get it?

noworries99

Asked by noworries99 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

Level 1 (-1 Credits)
  • LOl no i wouldn't and here is why...every time i have bought even a pair of jeans a little small beca;use i had planned on losing the weight...i just gained more, so i feel like it is putting too much pressure on me! so my way of thinking is...if it isn't your size, then it isn't the dress, you know? not quite right!
    december911

Answer by december911 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If you feel like you can lose the weight, then get it. But if you dont have the motivation then its not worth it. I bought the dress that fit me, not a smaller size. You will have so much stress going on with planning the wedding, that loosing weight was the last thing on my mind.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Well we already stopped eating processed food just to be healthier... I plan on going on walks more now that we're moving to a house with a park right down the street. IDK I've been talking about loosing weight before the wedding. And like I said it's like 2years away.
    noworries99

Answer by noworries99 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Well if you honestly feel like you can then go ahead. Just don't be dissapointed if you didn't lose the weight and the dress doesnt fit. What happens if you lose too much weight? :)
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Dress can always be taken it... Honestly if I didn't loose the weight I have no one to blame but myself and I would have to buy another dress.
    noworries99

Answer by noworries99 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I made the mistake of buying a dress one size too small, thinking I had enough time to lose weight. Well, I didn't lose the weight and we had to get it fixed, and it was a close call!! I was almost out a thousand bucks!
    Anonymous

• I would lean towards no except it is only $100 so it may be worth it. If it doesnt fit by then, you buy a new dress and sell that one. But remember, wedding dresses run small, so that 12 is more like a 10.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• no way! thats one more thing you have to worry about girlfriend! find a dress thats comfotable in!
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• why would you buy a wedding dress 2 years early anyway? if you're seriously trying to lose weight, you have plenty of time to find/purchase a dress that will fit better, or not cost as much to resize. $100 may not be much, but why spend it now? 3-4 dress sizes is something like 40 pounds or so, right? maybe more..i wouldn't risk it this early in the game.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• if you really want to drop the weight go for it! Your other option is to add a panel in teh back to make it lace up which will give you an extra dress size message me if you need more help $100 is a steal
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2009