i need some advice. im 16 &+ expecting

ok i got pregnant when i was 15, &+ just turned 16 this past febuary. &+ my baby girl is due in may around the 24th. &+ i still have no idea what i should i do.
if i should give the baby i home w/ older adults. Or if i should keep the baby.
so if u have any advice for me. please share it w/ me

emmyboo.

Asked by emmyboo. at 6:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do you feel like you can honestly care for this baby? Do you live at home with your parents? If yes, are your parents ready to help you raise a baby. If you feel like you cant care for this child, then you should look into adoption. Do what you feel is right. This baby deserves a caring loving home, so if you can provide for this child then keep it. If not, then please find a family that can.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Well, I think you need to ask yourself some serious questions.
    Do you have a job to support this child with? Do you have a home (not your parents) that you can live/raise your family in? Do you have daycare available for your baby so that you can continue to go to school? Do you have a boyfriend (they babies dad) who is going to be there with you every step of the way when you are up all night from the baby teething and not sleeping?

If you answer no to any of those questions, then you need to seriously consider adoption. Its not too late to do an open adoption, in which you know the family, the family is there for the birth, and you get to see the child periodically and, depending on the family, become the childs "aunt" or a family friend.

Good Luck with your decision honey, its a hard one.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• if you got support...keep it =]

just cuz ur young doesnt mean ur gonna be a bad mom =]

so if someone bad mouths u on here...dont listen to them...just go with what u believe is right...

u should watch "The SEcret Life of the American Teenager" shes 15 and having a baby and its not as fake as some people would think...its kinda like real life...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 6:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• OK so I am a 27 year old mother of 4 I got prego at 16 and miscarried then prego again at 17 and had my first son. My advice to you is don't rush into any decisions. You need to get together a gameplan for both scenarios, and whatever other options you are thinking about. Write down a list of the good and bad things for each situation, If you are not crying while you are doing this than you are leaving very important things out. make sure you include physical and mental pro's and cons. the more honest you are with this the easier it will be for you to make a rational decision rather than an emotional decision. Good Luck and I hope everything works out for you no matter what your choice is.
    Mommy3b1g

Answer by Mommy3b1g at 7:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• She may not have a job or her own place to live right now, but that doesn't mean she won't be able to finish school and get all of those things WITH her baby. She just may need some help from her family for a few years. These situations are temporary, but adoption is forever.
    summerleigh

Answer by summerleigh at 7:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have a friend who had her daughter at 16. The "baby" is 12 now and both are doing fine. My friend had to have help from her family for a couple years, but she eventually got her GED, found a job and moved out. She's married now, has a 9 yr old son with her husband and is expecting her third child in May. I can't imagine her life without her first child.
    Anonymous

• My sister was 17 when she had her little girl and she is a wonderful mommy. She also married before the baby came and has her husbands paycheck. On the other hand, my other sister has been married for a year and a half, with her hubby for over 5 years now. She has lost 3 babies and was told there is only a 1 in 15 chance she will ever carry a baby to term. She would be a wonderful mommy but it's just not possible for her. Adoption could be one of the hardest things you would ever have to do, but it would be so worth it to a family and your child. Either way, it's a VERY personal decision that you should make on your own because it will affect you forever.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 8:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My SIL got pregnant at 15 and she had very supportive mother and father but she wanted to keep the baby and thebabys father didn't want to have anything to do with it and now the baby is 18 and graduating and still doesn't know his dad and she did just fine. You have to consider if you WANT the baby, because if you do there is always a way....there are schools you can take your baby with you and they teach you parenting as well as core subjects, you may be able to get help with finding some from a guidance counselor or teacher. You most importantly need to be able to love that baby unconditionally, there are temporary assistance programs you can look into for now if you must, but you have to know that is what you want and put your mind to it. If you don't think you can take care of your baby the way you would like and you find a couple that you think could do that and you are comfortable with that then that is wonderful too.
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• But just because you are young does not mean you cannot be a good mom. People still thought I was too young when my husband and I chose to have a baby when I was 18 and now we chose to have number 2 and I am 21. But it is always been what we wanted and I don't care what anyone else thinks. I had a friend in highschool that had a baby at 14 and she kept him but she ended up quitting school and going for her GED because she couldn't handle the judgement from all her peers. If you want to talk just msg. and good luck with whatever you decide, I give you a lot of credit for coming this far because there are a lot of girls that would have got scared and ended it a long time ago so apparently you do care about this baby. btw my son's second birthday is may 25th so it's a lucky day!! Good luck and I would be happy to answer any more questions you have about parenting or life with a newborn if you need it to help you decide. Good Luck
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2009