My four year old girl is a monster ! with sweet momment's to but ! what do you do when time out's , taking things away , putting in the corner etc . does'nt work ?

she thinks she's the alfa leader of this family and when she doesn't get her way .She'll throw fits or get violent ! with my husband and i and other kids . she finds it very funny to hurt someone or thing . loves to kick and hit animals . and she's not threatened by adults or punishment's . she'll go in the corner or timeout . then go right back to what she was doing or worse . messes or getting things wet like my digitial camera for fun . what do you do when nothing bothers her and she likes causeing people and animals pain ? all I've ever done is loved her ,hugged her and kissed on her little head and bought her toys when she's good of course ! Dr doesn,t think she's atstic

stressball

Asked by stressball at 1:26 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Have you ahd her evaluated by a therapist? My son displayed similar behaviors, and he was diagnosed with a mood disorder and Asperger's syndrome. SOmetimes seeking behavioral therapy is a good option, especially with how young she is. It's easier to learn new behaviors at a younger age, so waiting isn't a good idea.
    Caiged

Answer by Caiged at 1:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I was having similar problems with my son around the age of 4-5, and I tried time out, talking, taking stuff away, everything I possibly could. What ended up working was making a behavior chart, and reward him (add a sticker) when he does a good deed. When he does something bad, just remind him that he's not going to get a sticker. If he gets so many stickers in a row, reward him with maybe a trip to McD's, or a Mommy~n~me day. It worked for us, and I never thought it would. Good luck to you!
    Chynadawl826

Answer by Chynadawl826 at 8:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• The reason why she thinks she's the alpha leader is because right now she is. She's getting all the attention when she throws her tantrums and in the rare moments when she's good, you fall all over yourself praising her for being a spoiled little princess. Get a spine, show her whose boss, spank her behind when she acts up and don't back down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2008