Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do to help her out?

My cousins husband is an abusive pig. He badmouths & curses at her in front of the kids.. he never spends time with the kids (3 of them), he spends all his time off from work on the computer masturbating to porn.. not just normal porn either, but some sick stuff. Their 7 year old daughter saw him masturbating the other night after waking up in the middle of the night.. and him, instead of feeling embarrassed or bad about it.. YELLS at the wife cuz the kid got out of her room!
If the kitchen isn't clean enough for his standards, he emptys the whole fridge out in a fit of rage onto the floor.
He wakes the wife up in the middle of the night for no reason.. he shakes the bed and yells in her ear to "WAKE UP'' .. I guess he thinks it's funny.
She feels stuck being a SAHM.. can I maybe call CPS on him only? I don't know what else I can do to help her.


Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • You can encourage her to get a job, and help out with daycare for her if that is an option for you. She needs to get out and on her own, and it may take a lot of help from you to get her there.

    Good Luck, she is lucky to have you on standby.

    Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

  • I don't think you can call cps on just him....she is the only one who can help herself...however, if you see him physically hurt her, you can press charges against him for it

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

  • She has to want help and want to get out. There's nothing you can do for someone that doesn't want help

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

  • She has to help herself here. If she isn't willing to do anything about it, it's going to continue happening.

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

  • I would definatley call CPS on him and maybe even call the local police and give them a heads up of your concerns. The sad thing is, is that you can't help someone that dosen't want to be helped. I would do those two things and then just be there for her and the kids. Also the kids school counselor would be another person to talk to. God Bless that woman and her kids.

    Answer by Mommy3b1g at 7:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

  • yes you can

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

  • personally cps should be called regardless of whether she wants help or not. SOMEONE Needs to look out for the best interest of that child and perhaps having the child removed from the home will be her wake up call to get out. Once she makes the decision to get out please open your doors to her make sure a restraining order is filed immediatly and be strong for her, becasue she will want to go back. DONT Let her. If she chooses to remain with an abusive person that is her choice but her daughter deserves better. That little girl will choose men late in life for romantic relationships that treat her the way her father treated her. A young girl sees her reflection through her fathers eyes and if that man is a pig she will not think highly of herself at all

    Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2009